Your donation will make a difference to what we can all do for mammals.
The Mammal Society is driven by our growing national network of experts and enthusiasts working to monitor, research and conserve mammals. We work together to increase our understanding of mammal ecology and distribution and how populations may be changing, and learn where to focus conservation efforts most effectively.
The Mammal Society needs vital core funding because...
We are building a national mammal monitoring network to make it easy for everyone to monitor and record mammals whenever they see them or their fieldsigns. We will produce a new Mammal Atlas by 2016 which will be continually updated through ongoing monitoring, to track changes as they happen and prevent declines.
Donations are also used to...
- bring everyone together at our events, to network, share, learn and work together,
- share new information and results of new research through journals and online,
- analyse and verfiy the information that mammal records bring in,
- train people on how to find and ID mammals and take part in surveying and monitoring,
- promote and encourage active participation in local mammal conservation projects,
- support the national network of local mammal groups.