THE 2019 DESIGN A TSHIRT COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED.
Thank you to all of you who entered.
To find out who won our 2019 competition click here.
The competition is open to children and young adults with two entry levels: 4 – 11 years, and 12 – 18 years.
What’s the deal?
We want you to design a bright and eye-catching design for a Mammal Society t-shirt that features one or more UK mammals. Ideally the mammals would be those from our Red List (see poster). For a full list of UK mammals click here.
The two winners will see their designs appear on our Teemill t-shirts and will receive their design on a their very own t-shirt too!
The theme for your t-shirt design is #MammalsMatter.
Why this theme? The Mammal Society has identified that some of Britain’s mammals are at risk of becoming extinct. We want you to help us make people aware of this and let them know how they can help us to conserve them. From the smallest bat to the prowling wildcat, all of Britain’s #MammalsMatter.
To see a poster about the mammals we are particularly concerned about click here.
The two winning designers will receive their design on their very own Teemill t-shirt and get to see their design featured on our Teemill store for other people to buy and proudly sport!
How to enter
Download an entry form here. Complete the contact details page of the entry form (we only need that part of the form) and send it together with a copy of your design of UK mammals on a separate A4 piece of white paper to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading TEE COMP. Alternatively send your design by post, together with a completed entry form, to:
Fiona Mathews & Beth Smith, John Maynard Smith Building 5B9, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9QG.
Please note that postal entries should not be folded and must be received no later than the closing date.
Closing date for entries has been extended to midnight on Sunday 10 November 2019.
Tips and Guidelines
Make it BRIGHT – paint or coloured pens are best to really make your design POP!
Make it BOLD – bold designs look great on tees.
Keep it SIMPLE – very complicated designs don’t always translate well onto a t-shirt.
Stick to the THEME – only UK mammals & you might want to include the theme title (no need to add our logo as we can do this bit).
Terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully:
- The competition is to design a t-shirt for the Mammal Society’s National Mammal Week 2019 competition.
- Your information will not be shared with any other third parties outside of the Mammal Society.
- These Terms and Conditions govern the Competition. All other information provided prior to entering the Competition including, without limitation, the route to entry for the Competition and the rules of the Competition, form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition will run from 9 September 2019 to midnight on 10 November 2019. The closing date for entries is 23:59 GMT 10 November 2019.
- An entrant must enter their details fully on the registration form. Only one entry per person. If under 18, permission must be obtained from a parent or guardian before entering the competition. Each entry form must have the signature, name and date of the authorising parent/guardian if under 18.
- The young person or, if under 18, the young person’s parent or guardian, accepts all these terms and conditions by entering the competition. By entering the competition, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and by the decisions of the Mammal Society, which are final in all matters relating to the competition. Any breach of these terms and conditions will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- For a chance to win, a completed entry form (including parent/guardian authorization if applicable) must be submitted.
- Entries must: be no larger than an A4 piece of paper; be on a white background; be sufficiently high resolution (minimum x) if supplied by email; be original material created by the person whose name is submitted on the entry; be received by post, in person to a Mammal Society member of staff, or email by 23:59 on 10 November 2019.
Fiona Mathews & Beth Smith
John Maynard Smith Building 5B9
University of Sussex
Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9QG
Email address: email@example.com
9.One winner will be selected from all eligible entries received by 23:59 on the closing date of 10 November 2019. All entries will be submitted to the judging panel anonymously.
10.The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final.
11.Winning entries may be subject to alterations or adjustments by the Mammal Society in order to ensure practicality of use.
12.All input provided by the young person and all intellectual property rights therein shall be assigned to the Mammal Society and thereafter be under the full control of the Mammal Society.
13.The competition winner will be announced on 11 November 2019. The winner will be notified by email.
14. The two winning entries will receive their winning design printed on a t-shirt*.
*Suitable sizes for winning young person to be provided, subject to availability. If not available a suitable alternative will be found.
15.The prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Mammal Society reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time in its sole discretion.
16.The Mammal Society reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such an event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against the Mammal Society(or any affiliate thereof) and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against the Mammal Society(or any affiliate thereof).
17.The Mammal Society will provide the winner with details of how their prize can be claimed.
18.The Mammal Society’s decision on any aspect of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19.As far as permitted by law, the Mammal Society shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense suffered by any entrant or the winners in relation to the Competition or the prizes. The Mammal Society will also not be responsible or liable for any further expenses or fees incurred by the winner in collecting, using or enjoying the prize won in this Competition.
20.The Mammal Society accept no responsibility for any entry not received for whatever reason.
21.No purchase is necessary to enter the competition and there is no charge for submitting an entry.
22.Each entrant agrees to the use of his/her image in any publicity material and each winner agrees to their name being made publicly available. Any personal data relating to any entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
23.Competition entries cannot be returned by the Mammal Society. It is suggested that entrants make a copy of their entry before submission.
24.By submitting an entry, an entrant will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
25.These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
26.You are providing information to the Mammal Society only. The information provided will be used only for the purpose of this competition, all data will be destroyed after it has served the purpose mentioned in these terms and conditions.