TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully:
1. The competition is to write a poem for the Mammal Society’s National Mammal Week 2021 competition. The poem can take any form and may be written or spoken word.
2. Your information will not be shared with any other third parties outside of the Mammal Society. Your information will be treated in accordance with the Mammal Society’s Data Protection Policy.
3. These Terms and Conditions govern the Competition. All other information provided prior to entering the Competition including, without limitation, the route to entry for the Competition and the rules of the Competition, form part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. The Competition will run from 27th of October 2021 to midnight on 22nd December 2021. The closing date for entries is 23:59 GMT 22nd December 2021.
5. An entrant must enter their details fully on their entry. Only one entry per person. If under 18, permission must be obtained from a parent or guardian before entering the competition. Each entry must have the signature, name and date of the authorising parent/guardian if under 18.
6. The entrant or, if under 18, the young person’s parent or guardian, accepts all these terms and conditions by entering the competition. By entering the competition, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and by the decisions of the Mammal Society, which are final in all matters relating to the competition. Any breach of these terms and conditions will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. For a chance to win, a completed entry (including parent/guardian authorization if applicable) must be submitted.
8. Entries must: be of no more than 200 words in length; be original material created by the person whose name is submitted on the entry; be received by email by 23:59 GMT 22nd December 2021.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. One winner will be selected from all eligible entries received by 23:59 on the closing date of 22nd December 2021. All entries will be submitted to the judge anonymously.
10. The decision of the judge (acting reasonably) will be final.
11. All input provided by the entrant and all intellectual property rights therein shall be assigned to the Mammal Society and thereafter be under the full control of the Mammal Society.
13. The competition winner will be announced in January 2022. The winner will be notified by email.
14. The two winning entries will receive a prize: the main prize is a Teemill harvest mouse t-shirt. The runner-up prize will be a smaller prize.
15. The prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Mammal Society reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time in its sole discretion.
16. The Mammal Society reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such an event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against the Mammal Society (or any affiliate thereof) and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against the Mammal Society (or any affiliate thereof).
17. The Mammal Society will provide the winner with details of how their prize can be claimed.
18. The Mammal Society’s decision on any aspect of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. As far as permitted by law, the Mammal Society shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense suffered by any entrant or the winners in relation to the Competition or the prizes. The Mammal Society will also not be responsible or liable for any further expenses or fees incurred by the winner in collecting, using or enjoying the prize won in this Competition.
20. The Mammal Society accept no responsibility for any entry not received for whatever reason.
21. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition and there is no charge for submitting an entry.
22. Each entrant agrees to the use of their image in any publicity material and each winner agrees to their name being made publicly available. Any personal data relating to any entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
24. By submitting an entry, an entrant will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
25. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
26. You are providing information to the Mammal Society only. The information provided will be used only for the purpose of this competition, all data will be destroyed after it has served the purpose mentioned in these terms and conditions.