We’re taking part in The 2.6 Challenge and we’d love it if you could support us!
When? The Challenge kicks off on 26 April, the original date of the Virgin London Marathon before it was postponed.
What? We’re asking you to take part in any activity of your choice on 26 April based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 or any combination of 2 and 6, and fundraise or donate to support the Mammal Society via the link below:
SUPPORT mammal conservation – SET UP YOUR OWN FUNDRAISER!
The challenge can be anything you like – as long as it’s got the number 2.6 or 26 in it! All you need to do is think up an activity, donate or fundraise with us, and complete your challenge, starting on Sunday 26 April or over the course of next week.
Here are a few ideas but the possibilities are endless…
- holding a plank for 2.6 minutes
- a sponsored silence for 26 hours
- give up coffee for 2.6 days (!)
- run/cycle 2.6 miles as your daily exercise
- hosting a virtual pilates class with 26 friends
- download the Mammal Mapper and walk 2.6 miles recording mammals (we think that might be a win win win!)
Whatever you do, make sure you follow government guidelines on exercise and social distancing.
HERE’S WHAT TO DO
- Think up your 2.6 challenge – see above or come up with your own.
- Head to JustGiving to donate £26 – or whatever you can afford – to the Mammal Society, or set up a fundraising page.
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge.
- Complete your challenge.
- If you’d like to you can share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with the hashtag #TwoPointSixChallenge, and of course please remember to tag the Mammal Society!
DONATE TO the Mammal Society
If you prefer to make a donation to the Mammal Society as part of The 2.6 Challenge instead of setting up a fundraising page, please click here and select Donate.
Thank you so much for supporting the Mammal Society. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments – we would love to hear from you!