Local mammal groups bring together people with a shared enthusiasm to see, study and conserve their local mammal populations, share expertise and raise awareness. Joining your local group is easy and means you can help mammals where you live.
Together they form a national network of local volunteers to:
- Raise awareness of conservation issues at informative talks and fun events
- Survey and monitor mammal distribution and abundance, and identify changes
- Provide invaluable local expertise to help threatened species in the area
- Organise training in field skills in mammal identification and survey methods
- Support the work of The Mammal Society, and encourage active participation
Search for a mammal group near you:
ENGLAND South East, South West, Central, Midlands, East of England, North west, North east, WALES, SCOTLAND, Northern Ireland
Can't find a group near you? Set one up! All you need is enthusiasm and time. See our Guidance for Setting Up a Local Mammal Group, or email Derek Crawley, our Local Groups Officer for advice.
ENGLAND - South East
ENGLAND - South West
ENGLAND - Central
ENGLAND - Midlands
ENGLAND - East of England
ENGLAND - North West
ENGLAND - North East
Group details are being updated and will be available soon.
The Mammal Society does not manage the above websites and is not responsible for their content. The links are monitored regularly, but please let us know if you find any that do not work.